Followers

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Straight from Melbourne

Melbourne’s Comedy Theatre retains a vital place in the city’s vibrant live entertainment scene. Built in 1928, the theatre is a blend of European flavours. The exterior is a replica of a Florentine palace and the interior shows a strong Spanish influence. 
- extract from the Comedy Theatre website.
Even though it is called the Comedy Theatre,  a diverse range of live entertainment is staged here.
The theatre is sited in Exhibition Street, Melbourne.


WELCOME to  STRAIGHT OUT OF THE CAMERA SUNDAY


Your hosts are:
Magical Mystical Teacher
Gemma Wiseman



5 comments:

  1. The Mamas and Papas - now I am being transported back many a decade to my youth. and hearing songs like California Dreamin and I Saw Her Again, I am transported back to fifth grade, O'Connell School in East Hartford CT. Their harmonies were superb!

    Anyway to the thatere, it is a beauty in tis 1920s style, and any live performance is always a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only niece now lives in Melbourne (we're on opposite sides of the planet—sigh). I wonder if she's ever been to this theater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every girl singer in the '60s wanted to sound like Mama Cass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I would love to see the inside too! I like the texture and the windows' arches.

    ReplyDelete